Meeting All Commercial Real Estate Needs
A project owner, developer, lender or tenant needs to know that its real estate interests are protected from every aspect of the law. At Leonard, O’Brien, Spencer, Gale & Sayre, Ltd., we provide our commercial real estate clients with continuous quality legal service and depth of practice which is unique among law firms, and we respond to each client’s needs with the attention and personal concern we know each client requires.
Our high level of personal service and contact allows us to become thoroughly familiar with our client and our client’s business needs. Thus, instead of the usual “pat legal answers,” we are prepared to provide recommendations and solutions that are suited to our clients’ specific business problems. In addition, this prompt and personalized service is provided at a reasonable price.
Range of Services
We have a large and diverse commercial real estate client base. This means our clients vary in size, goals and legal requirements. At Leonard, O’Brien, Spencer, Gale & Sayre, Ltd., we have represented developers of large, multi-use projects, owners of office buildings, retail centers, apartment projects, warehouse facilities, senior assisted living projects and corporate tenants.
In assisting clients, we are positioned to provide a full range of commercial real estate services, tailored to meet individual needs. These include:
- Project Development
- Purchases and Sales
- Financing Agreements
- Environmental Law
- Tax Exempt Bond Financing
- Real Estate Tax Abatement
- Mechanic’s Liens
- Eminent Domain-Annexation and Detachment Proceedings
- Wetlands Credits/Sales
- Business Formation and Advice
- Buy/Sell Agreements
- Estate Planning
- Tax Advice
Clients also benefit from the experience of the firm’s other sections in areas such as:
- Government Relations and Legislative Assistance
- Real Estate and Construction Litigation
- Bankruptcy and Reorganization Services
- Secured and Unsecured Loan Documentation
The commercial real estate section has existed since the firm was founded in 1968, and in fact, a large part of the firm’s excellent reputation and identity is associated with our real estate legal work. The eight attorneys practicing in the area of real estate law have from three to thirty years of experience covering virtually every facet of real estate. Our professionals are frequent lecturers at seminars and Continuing Legal Education Programs.
- Representative examples of our most recent experiences include:
- Represented developer client in the successful refinancing of 70,000 square foot mixed-use project
- Represented developer in the construction of 75,000 square foot two-phase office project
- Represented developer in $60 million mixed-use development
- Acquisition of land and development of senior housing and assisted living campuses involving use of tax increment financing and tax exempt bonds
- Successfully represented large developer in mechanic’s lien/payment bond litigation
- Successfully prosecuted claims against metro area cities allowing our clients to develop residential and commercial projects
- Represented regional and national lenders in documenting commercial real estate loans including Firstar Bank, Wells Fargo, National City Bank of Minneapolis, Marquette Bank, BNC National Bank, Associated Bank Minnesota, Premier Bank, Richfield Bank & Trust Co., Anchor Bank, Alliance Bank and others
Leonard, O’Brien, Spencer, Gale & Sayre, Ltd. is one of the leading law firms in the State of Minnesota, providing quality legal services to business and individual clients located across the nation. Founded in 1968, our firm has seen a steady growth in its area of practice, including, Commercial Real Estate Services, Business and Corporate Law; Creditors’ Remedies, Reorganization and Bankruptcy Services, Estate Planning and Probate Services, Financial Institutions Law, Government Relations, Mortgage Banking and Real Estate Services, Environmental Law, and Litigation.
The attorneys in the commercial real estate law section at Leonard, O’Brien, Spencer, Gale & Sayre are anxious to assist you in meeting your business objectives by providing excellent quality and personalized service at a reasonable price. If we can assist you, or if you would like further information about our capabilities or our law firm, please contact us.