Thomas W. Newcome, III
Mr. Newcome primarily focuses his practice on real property, banking and municipal law matters. He is a Real Property Law Specialist, certified by the Minnesota State Bar Association since 1989. Mr. Newcome has represented clients in numerous commercial and residential real property matters.
He represents financial institutions with respect to complex lending, work out and collection matters. Mr. Newcome was the City Attorney for the Cities of North Oaks and Gem Lake, Minnesota, for many years. A representative sample of clients whom Mr. Newcome has represented and matters he has handled are as follows:
- Raul Walters Properties – Acquisition of real property to construct first Wal Mart in Twin Cities Metropolitan area.
- State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance – Acquisition and sale of numerous parcels of real property acquired and sold by State Farm within the State of Minnesota from the early 1980s to the present.
- Premier Banks – Representation since the mid 1980s with respect to commercial loans, work out and collection matters involving transactions ranging in size from approximately $500,000.00 to $20,000,000.00.
- City of North Oaks – Negotiated and drafted thirty year Planned Unit Development Agreement covering approximately one-third of the City’s land mass.
- Handled and continues to handle numerous high end residential acquisition and construction projects, including recent transaction in excess of $7,000,000.00.
- Handled and continues to handle numerous high end commercial real property acquisitions and sales, including sale for $49,000,000.00.
- Handled price negotiation and all transactional matters for $10,000,000.00 family farm sale.
- Member, Minnesota State Bar Association
- Member, Ramsey County Bar Association
- State of Minnesota, 1982
- U.S. District Court, 1983
- Real Property Law Specialist, certified by the Minnesota State Bar Association since 1989.
- William Mitchell College of Law (J.D. cum laude, 1982)
- University of Minnesota (B.A., cum laude, 1976)
- State Legislative Candidate (1976)
- Licensed Real Estate Broker
Thomas W. Newcome, III
Telephone: (612) 332-1030
Fax: (612) 332 2740
Primary Areas of Practice:
Real Estate, Estate Planning, Banking,Business Law, Corporate Law, Secured Lending, Environmental Law, and Municipal Law.