Patrick J. Lindmark
Mr. Lindmark concentrates his practice on providing legal representation to numerous large and small commercial and residential construction contractors, real estate developers, and finance companies.
His legal services include negotiating commercial leases on behalf of tenants and landlords and acting as counsel in both litigation and transactions relating to all aspects of construction and real estate law. Representative clients include JL Schwieters Construction, Inc., Schwieters Companies, Royal Oaks Realty, Inc., Wooddale Builders, Inc., Corval Constructors, Inc., Kondaur Capital Corporation, Option One Mortgage Corporation, Sand Canyon Corporation, Carrington Mortgage Services, LLC, Artspace Projects, Inc. and numerous community and regional banks.
Mr. Lindmark also has significant experience in advising clients in foreclosure and workout matters as counsel for both lender and the borrower. In addition, Mr. Lindmark routinely provides legal representation for contractors in all aspects of mechanic’s lien litigation as well as general construction and real estate related transactions and litigation including the following:
- Obtained trial verdict, which was subsequently upheld by the Minnesota Court of Appeals, on a mechanic’s lien foreclosure for a subcontractor that provided labor and materials for the construction of a hotel for which it was never paid. NewMech Companies v. Grove Hospitality, LLC, Case No. A11-1346 (Minn. Ct. App. May 7, 2012).
- Counsel for JL Schwieters Construction, Inc. in the published case of JL Schwieters Construction, Inc. v. Goldridge Construction, Inc., 788 N.W.2d 529 (Minn. Ct. App. 2010). Minnesota’s leading case involving recovery of construction proceeds through piercing the corporate veil of general contractor.
- Counsel for general contractors and subcontractors in negotiating, drafting and implementing general construction contracts and Engineering, Procurement and Construction Contracts for numerous types of projects including power plants, alternative energy production plants and waste water treatment facilities.
- Successfully defended numerous mortgage lenders in “show me the note” lawsuits where homeowners allege the foreclosure is invalid because the lenders do not possess the original promissory note.
- Successfully defended mortgage lender accused of wrongful eviction after a foreclosure by advertisement. Rostamkhani v. Option One Mortgage Corporation, Case No. 11-3049 (8th Cir. May 22, 2012).
- Successfully defended Kondaur Capital Corporation in the case of Hanson v. Kondaur Capital Corporation, et al. Obtained dismissal by summary judgment of claims brought by Plaintiffs, including TILA violations and unlawful foreclosure.
Mr. Lindmark received his undergraduate degree in Political Science, cum laudeand with Distinction, from The Colorado College in 2004, and his juris doctor degree, cum laude, from William Mitchell College of Law in 2007. While in law school, Mr. Lindmark was a member of the Rosalie E. Wahl Moot Court and New York State Bar National Moot Court Team and was selected to the Dean’s List. Mr. Lindmark has been recognized as a “rising star” by Minnesota Super Lawyer for his work in construction and surety litigation.
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Minnesota State Bar Association
- Member, Hennepin County Bar Association
- Member, Minnesota Chapter of the Association of General Contractors
- State of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Bankruptcy Appellate Panel, Eighth Circuit
- William Mitchell College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2007)
- The Colorado College (B.A., Political Science, cum laude with Distinction, 2004)
Patrick J. Lindmark
Telephone: (612) 332-1030
Fax: (612) 332 2740
Primary Areas of Practice:
Construction, Real Estate, Litigation.