Jenny Zhang is an associate at Leonard, O’Brien, Spencer, Gale & Sayre, Ltd. Her practice focuses on advising multi-employer pension and health plans on compliance with various federal employee benefits, healthcare, and tax laws and regulations. Jenny is currently pursuing her designation as a Certified Employee Benefits Specialist with the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans and the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School. Jenny is also very passionate about tax law, and enjoys working her way through the Internal Revenue Code.
Jenny received her Juris Doctor with a Business Transactions Concentration (High Distinction, Order of the Coif) from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln College of Law. During law school, Jenny served as Executive Editor of the Nebraska Law Review and as a Senior Member on the Nebraska Moot Court Board. Prior to joining Leonard, O’Brien, Spencer, Gale & Sayre, Ltd. she worked at the law firm of Berkshire & Burmeister in Omaha, Nebraska.
Jenny has spent significant time living and working in Asia and the Middle East. Her unique international background allows her to understand and address the needs of clients from all around the world. Jenny speaks English, Mandarin, and French.
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Nebraska State Bar Association for Young Lawyers
- Member, International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans
- State of Minnesota (2015)
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln College of Law (J.D., 2015)
- University of British Columbia (B.A., Psychology, 2011)
- CALI Award of Excellence in Wills & Trusts (2013)
- CALI Award of Excellence in Negotiations (2014)
- CALI Award of Excellence in Business Planning (2015)
- Ludke Scholarship Recipient – Great Plains Federal Tax Institute (2014)
- Dean’s Certificate for Outstanding Pro Bono Service
- Order of the Coif (2015)
Telephone: (612) 332-1030
Fax: (612) 332 2740
Primary Areas of Practice:
Employee Benefits, Retirement and Healthcare, Tax Law.