Edward W. Gale
Mr. Gale focuses his practice on complex personal injury, tort and business litigation. He has successfully handled suits in various state and federal courts in venues throughout the United States.
He is a board certified civil trial advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy and a board certified civil trial specialist by the Minnesota State Bar Association. He has been recognized by his peers and designated a “Super Lawyer” in the area of personal injury law, a designation that is limited to only 5% of the lawyers in Minnesota. Mr. Gale has been appointed to the Plaintiffs Steering Committee by the United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, in In Re Latex Glove Litigation, MDL Docket No. 1148, to oversee and coordinate all pretrial proceedings pertaining to the consolidation of several hundred product liability cases filed against manufacturers of latex medical gloves and devices. A representative sample of recoveries obtained by Mr. Gale for injured plaintiffs whom he has represented are as follows:
- $2.55 Million – Auto Accident – Driver failed to yield right of way resulting in fractures, closed head injury and internal injuries to an 82 year old male.
- $1.25 Million – Premises Liability – Failure of contractor to properly perform work resulting in a concussion and mild traumatic brain injury.
- Confidential Amount – Clergy Malpractice/Sexual Assault – Confidential settlement for a female parishioner sexually assaulted by a male clergyman.
- $785,000 – Premises Liability – Failure of utility company to maintain clearance surrounding its power line resulting in an inadvertent contact and electrical burn injury.
- $1.5 Million – Insurance Bad Faith – Failure of insurance company to properly handle a claim resulting in damage to its insured.
- $1 Million – Premises Liability – Negligence of a charter boat operator to warn a passenger of shallow depth of open water resulting in a cervical fracture.
- $2.75 Million – Medical Malpractice – Negligence of a health care provider to monitor and supervise a patient resulting in an anoxic brain injury.
- $330,000 – Auto Accident/Wrongful Death – Driver failed to maintain proper lookout resulting in death of an 81 year old pedestrian.
- $325,000 – Medical Malpractice – Negligence of a health care provider to properly diagnose and treat a patient resulting in a fatal cardiac event.
- $1.2 Million – Disability Insurance – Failure of a disability insurer to pay benefits to a plaintiff who was injured and not able to return to pre-injury occupation.
- $297,500 – Auto Accident – Intersection collision resulting in fractures, internal injuries and a concussion.
- $585,000 – Product Liability – Failure of manufacturer to safely design a product and warn of risks associated with the product’s use resulting in injury to plaintiff.
- $230,000 – Liquor Liability – Illegal sale of alcohol to an intoxicated person resulting in injuries from an automobile collision.
- $300,000 – Automobile Accident/Underinsured Motorist – Driver failed to yield right of way resulting in the death of a teenage boy.
- Member, Academy of Certified Trial Lawyers of Minnesota
- Member, American Association for Justice; Minnesota Association for Justice
- Member, American Bar Association (Sections of Litigation, Business Law, Tort and Insurance Practice and Trial Practice)
- Member, Minnesota State Bar Association (Section of Litigation)
- Member, Hennepin County Bar Association
- State of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- William Mitchell College of Law
- Illinois State University
- Board Certified Civil Trial Advocate (National Board of Trial Advocacy)
- Board Certified Civil Trial Specialist (Minnesota State Bar Association)
- Recognized as a Super Lawyer by Minnesota Law & Politics, Mpls.St.Paul Magazine, and Twin Cities Business Monthly, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014.
- AV (Highest) Rating from Martindale Hubbell
Edward W. Gale
Telephone: (612) 332-1030
Fax: (612) 332 2740
Primary Areas of Practice:
Personal Injury; Banking and Business Litigation; Professional Malpractice; Product Liability.